Friday 9 March 2012

Spread The Word

Later that Sunday Tracey asked me to go to the evening service at my local church with her, as she didn't want to go on her own. Neither of us had been before.

That morning, at my new church, King's, I had told the minister, Simon, about my experience. He was delighted, and prayed for me. I said I was really excited and wanted to tell people, but wasn't sure if that was a good idea, especially since the sermon he'd just given (about how to verify that it's really God communicating with us!) said that we should beware of communing-with-God one-upmanship, ie pride. He said I should tell whomever I felt I wanted to.

So there we were, in church, that evening. It was a small, casual service, and towards the end there was an open-mike slot where anybody could stand on stage and tell everyone if anything interesting had happened to them this past week. Hello?! Yes! So up I went. Got a round of applause, and a big hug from a lovely lady that I only know from doing the catering on our Alpha course. A few kind words from a few nice people.

No comments:

Post a Comment